Cyber Security: Phishing, Ransomware and a Web of Lies with Bryan Seely #64 (Video)
Bryan has advised the White House and is the only hacker and speaker who has successfully wiretapped the United States Secret Service and the FBI!
Later that year, my guest also de-anonymized the highly valued mobile app, Secret, which put him on the front page of Wired.com, CNNMoney, CNET, Forbes, and The Washington Post — all in the same day!
That is because Bryan is a world-famous Security Keynote Speaker, Ethical Hacker, Author and Former US Marine joining us today to talk about the importance of cyber security.
Bryan is passionate about fighting for consumers’ rights and privacy and educating the public about staying safe in a constantly changing technology landscape. He currently lives in Seattle with his 2 children, and he now freelances as a cybersecurity consultant and advises John McAfee and his company MGT.
Now with 81% of UK SMEs confirming that they had suffered a data breach or cyber-attack, with a considerable two in five (37%) admitting they had suffered multiple breaches – I was compelled to invite Bryan to the show – because Payroll, in particular, is a department that is extremely vulnerable to cyber-attacks.
In this episode of the Payroll Podcast, we discuss the genuine cyber security threats that all payroll, HR and business professionals should be wary of to protect themselves, employees and organisations from phishing, ransomware and other cyber-related attacks.
In this “Cyber Security: Phishing, Ransomware and a Web of Lies“ episode with Bryan Seely on The HR L&D Podcast, we also explore:
- Bryan, you became one of the world’s most famous hackers in 2014 – can you tell our listeners why?
- I understand the Secret Service called you a hero and praised your courage and integrity – what’s the story?
- In the world of payroll and HR, we see increases in Payroll fraud, recruitment scams, data breaches and corporate espionage. Why is this?
- What can payroll, HR and business leaders do to protect themselves and their employees from phishing and ransomware attacks?
- Cyber and data security is a critical concern, and with payroll & HR departments so vulnerable to attack, what protocols will help keep data safe?
- How likely is it that one of our listeners suffers a ransomware attack (Spoiler alert: it is much higher than you might think)!
- What is it like inside the mind of a potential hacker or Cybercriminal? What are they doing and thinking when they target a potential business for an attack?
- If you were a payroll or HR manager, what are the key questions you would ask your software provider to ensure you are secure?
- What advice would you give to help payroll & HR departments protect themselves and their employees from scam and phishing attempts?
- Cyber Fraud also extends to LinkedIn. Can you tell our listeners why they need to be wary of the fake LinkedIn profiles and how they can identify one?
- You have, of course, written a book titled Cyber Fraud: The Web of Lies (available on Amazon) – we found out more about this best-selling book!
Links highlighted in this “Cyber Security: Phishing, Ransomware and a Web of Lies with Bryan Seely” episode are included below:
- Bryan Seely’s LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/bryanthemapsguy/
- Bryan’s website: https://www.bryanseely.com/
- Cyber Fraud: The Web of Lies
- List if Data Attacks
- The host of The Payroll Podcast – LinkedIn Profile: Nick Day
- Leading Payroll Recruiters: JGA Payroll Recruitment
- Listen on Podbean
Of course, if you are a Payroll Leader listening to this podcast and you have a Payroll-related vacancy that you would love some specialist payroll recruitment support with – please also get in touch with me! I would love to help show you what a great payroll recruitment experience feels like! You can reach out to me directly at email@example.com or give me a call – 01727800377
Thanks for listening, folks – I look forward to bringing you the next episode of the Payroll Podcast real soon!