A Strategic Approach to Mental Health at Work with Petra Velzeboer #93
Petra is also a renowned mental health advocate.
Petra’s expertise and passion stem from her own personal experience battling mental illness and struggling with cultural and circumstantial challenges. After being raised in a religious cult without access to formal education, her story and climb from rock bottom have inspired thousands to better understand how to improve mental health for themselves and others.
She earned her MSc in Psychodynamics of Human Development in 2012 and became an ORSC & CTI Certified Coach.
Petra has battled mental illness, including addiction and depression, and even contemplated taking her own life.
At this junction, Petra challenged herself to a year of intentional living, which began her journey of self-improvement and mental health accountability.
Petra now works to help organisations to create supportive, pre-emptive, and sustainable cultures that improve mental health for everyone in a proactive rather than a reactive process.
In this “A Strategic Approach to Mental Health at Work” episode with Petra Velzeboer on The HR L&D Podcast, we also explore:
- What do the words “human resources” mean to you?
- Tell us about your backstory and what led you to where you are today.
- Why is a mental health strategy more essential now than ever
- What should a mental health strategy include?
- How can organisations tackle well-being and mental health in a positive light?
- What data can be useful from an HR, wellness or mental health strategy perspective?
- Many well-being initiatives fail, but why is this?
- Why do ‘tick box’ programmes fail, and how can a more proactive approach succeed?
- What are the proven initiatives you have seen that have been particularly effective?
- What should HR leaders consider including in their own well-being roadmaps?
- What ROI should HR directors manage when implementing well-being strategies?
- Can HR professionals do more to create well-being champions and allies?
- How can we build momentum to keep mental health on the agenda?
- How can we get more buy-in from the C-Suite?
Links highlighted in this “A Strategic Approach to Mental Health at Work” episode are included below:
- Website: petravelzeboer.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/petra-velzeboer
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/petra.velzeboer
- The host of The HR L&D Podcast – LinkedIn Profile: Nick Day
- Leading HR Recruiters: JGA HR Recruitment
- Enjoyed this show? Why not also check out our other podcast focused on all aspects of payroll: The Payroll Podcast
Remember, If you are an HR or L&D Leader listening to this podcast and you have an #HRvacancy that you would love some specialist #humanresources #hragency support with, please get in touch with me, Nick Day! I would love to help show you what a great #HRRecruitment experience feels like! You can reach out to me directly at [email protected] or give me a call – at 01727800377
Thanks for listening, folks – I look forward to bringing you the next episode of the HR L&D Podcast soon!